Friday 13 September 2013

Blogging dry period!

Well, goodness me, I didn't realise it had been so long since my last post! In my defence though, I have been very busy, and also had a couple of emergencies to deal with too.


One of them was a visit to the local A & E dept with my son.. (Don't ask!).
The other was the local college refusing to let my daughter attend this September as she as epilepsy!
Yep, discrimination of the worst kind. This fight has been going on since June. Then, this week they insisted that it was their right to tell all the other students in her group that she had epilepsy in case she had a seizure! !  But fight over now, she's in and keeps her privacy too... Bless her.

I've been busy preserving and gardening. I've made more chutney -rhubarb. I've made tomato and basil sauce for pasta. I've pickled cucumber slices. I've made pickled eggs and I've dried some small orange tomtoes and preserved them in olive oil. At this precise moment I have plum tomatoes drying in the oven for more preserving in oil. 


Today I'm going to be making cucumber pickle as well.

I've also been participating in a couple of frugal challenges for September. This has been pretty hard this month as I've had to pay out on unexpected 'emergencies'!

I joined the www.frugaldom.myfreeforum.org/index.php frugal September. It's a great forum for getting inspiration and support to help on your way! I don't think I would have done what I've done without their support, and reading others stories.

I also joined www.sftandthe101challenge.blogspot.com stretch it out September. Which is making three weeks worth of money do the job of 4! 

I'm hoping to get into some good habit this month that last!

Have a great weekend.
Rw

2 comments:

  1. All your home made goodies look scrummy! I have blackberries in the freezer to make jam from soon!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your difficult times, I hope things get better now.

    Good luck with the challenges, I hope they go really well for you.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete